Dispensing Examination Process
Hearing Aid Specialists and Dispensing Audiologists who engage in the practice of fitting and dispensing hearing aids in the State of Nevada must complete the following examinations:
Written Examination: International Hearing Society ILE Examination
- Upon receipt of application for licensure, the board will submit an ILE candidate authorization form to the IHS. Candidates will receive an email from the IHS with instructions for scheduling the examination and payment of fees.
- The Board may accept a passing score obtained on the ILE Examination taken within the immediately preceding 12 months
Practical Examination: International Hearing Society Practical Examination
- Upon passing the ILE Written Examination,the practitioner should contact the Board Office directly to schedule the Practical Exam. Exams are administered on an individual basis in either Reno or Las Vegas by a Board-appointed proctor.
- Candidates must bring an audiometer and an adult test subject with them to the examination. A more detailed list of requirements will be provided to candidates once the exam is scheduled.
- Practical exam fees may be paid by check, mailed to the Board office, or online through our Make a Payment page. Payment must be received prior to the scheduled exam date.