License Reciprocity

Any person seeking to practice one of the professions licensed by this Board in Nevada OR treat a Nevada resident, regardless of residency or licensure status in another state, must obtain a Nevada license to do so. 

Reciprocal licensing in Nevada is only available to an Audiologist or Speech-Language Pathologist seeking a Standard license through issuance of an expedited license by endorsement authorized in Nevada law. An applicant is only eligible if they meet all three criteria listed below 

  1. Hold a current, corresponding valid and unrestricted license to engage in the practice of speech-language pathology in the District of Columbia or any U.S. state/territory; AND

  2. Have no history of licensing discipline/investigation in the District of Columbia or any U.S. state/territory in which they hold/have held an audiology license; AND

  3. Have no history of a civil or criminal malpractice action in the District of Columbia or any U.S. state/territory.

To request issuance of an expedited license by endorsement, please begin the online application and follow the prompts.   

Reciprocity FAQs

  • Reciprocal licensing is not available to Hearing Aid Specialists or other license types. 
  • Licenses from other states are not automatically recognized by this Board and do not allow a practitioner to treat a Nevada resident.
  • Anyone seeking Nevada licensure must submt an application for the practice/license type that applies to them. 
  • Licenses from other states may not be "transferred" to Nevada. 
  • Our Board does not currently participate in any interstate licensing compacts.


Page Updated: 7/21/2022 10:57:35 AM