Proposed Laws and Regulations
Bill Draft Request 603 of the of the 81st (2021) Session of the Nevada Legislature
Assemblywoman Michelle Gorelow, Sponsor
NRS 637B.175 prescribes the maximum fees the Board may charge for licensing and other services. BDR 603 revises the fee caps in NRS 637B.175.
- BDR 603 Overview Presentation ~ This brief presentation will provide an overview of the BDR and information about why the Board is pursuing this legislation.
- BDR 603 Overview & FAQ ~ This PDF document is provided as a narrative to accompany the presentation.
- BDR 603 Slideshow ~ This is a PDF copy of the presentation slides.
Please contact the Board office at email@example.com or 775.787.3421 to request these materials in an alternate format.
LCB File R095-19 ~ Revision to NAC Chapter 637B ~ Initiated 2019
- Draft Regulations | LCB File No R095-19 | November 20, 2019
- Draft Regulations | LCB File No R095-19 | February 12, 2020
- Adopted Regulations | LCB File No R095019 | April 22, 2020
- Sec. 2. NEW: Clarifies existing NRS language regarding the exemption from licensure by defining “practice within scope of credential” issued by the Department of Education;
- Sec. 3. NEW: Establishes parameters from NRS for issuing citations to cease and desist and assessing administrative fines for violation of law for practicing without a valid license or endorsement, as well as a waiver of an administrative fine for “good cause”;
- Sec. 4. NEW: Grants the Board authority to consider requiring applicants take and pass a Jurisprudence Examination as a condition for initial license or reinstatement of an expired license;
- Sec. 5. NEW: Establishes a 30-day waiting period between attempts for the hearing aid dispensing practical examination.
- Sec. 6. REVISED: Allows an individual who wishes to reinstate and Apprentice license credit for up to two (2) years of in-service training completed during the initial license period;
- Sec. 7. REVISED: Clarifies existing regulation language to require that a sponsor and an apprentice shall have the same employer.
Activities to Date
- October 18, 2019 ~ Board Work Session
- November 2019 ~ First draft by Legislative Counsel Bureau
- December 11, 2019 ~ Considered by the Legislative Committee on Health Care
- January 22, 2020 ~ Public Workshop
- February 12, 2020 ~ Second draft by Legislative Counsel Bureau
- April 22, 2020 ~ Public Hearing and Adoption by the Board
- June 5, 2020 ~ Approved by the Legislative Commission
- Adopted by the Board at its meeting April 22, 2020
- Approved by the Legislative Commisson on June 5, 2020
- Awaiting filing with Secretary of State