- Please review the Licensing Overview page for information on how we process applications.
- Application documents may be downloaded from the Application Forms page.
- An overview of all fees may be found on our Licensing Fees page.
- SLP: A graduate of a school of speech-language pathology who is completing the clinical fellowship (CFY) requirements for certification by ASHA.
- HAS: Licensed in another state but not holding current NBC-HIS certification, and is completing the experience requirements for NBC-HIS certification or NBC-HIS re-certification requirements.
- SLP: Must have completed SLP educational requirements.
- HAS: Must have completed HAS educational requirements.
- SLP: Must have PRAXIS score report.
- HAS: Must have completed IHS Written and Dispensing Practical Examinations.
Term & Renewal
Expires 12 months from date of issuance. May be renewed for two (2) additional 12-month periods. License renewal period begins 60 days prior to expiration date; late renewal allowed up to 30 days past expiration date with additional fee.
Continuing Education Required for Renewal
At least 15 hours annually based on the license expiration date and directly pertaining to the profession in which the individual is licensed. May count educational program activities. More information may be found on our Continuing Education page.
- SLP: May convert with additional fee to a Standard license upon award of ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- HAS: May convert with additional fee to a Standard license upon award of NBC-HIS Certification.
- Original Transcript/Education Documentation: If holding an Associate’s degree or higher, please order an official transcript to be sent directly to the Board office – these may be accepted electronically. A copy of a high school diploma/equivalent may be submitted with your application.
- PRAXIS Score Report: SLP applicants, please be prepared to submit a copy of your PRAXIS Score Report with your application or designate the Board to receive a copy when registering for the exam.
- Verification(s) of Licensure in Another State: HAS applicants, Board staff will attempt to complete verification online. If not available in your state, please request an official license verification to be sent directly to the Board office – these may be accepted electronically.
- Military Affiliation: If applicable, please be prepared to submit a copy of your DD214 or Military Identification with your application.