Hearing Aid Specialist Apprentice
- Please review the Licensing Overview page for information on how we process applications.
- Application documents may be downloaded from the Application Forms page.
- An overview of all fees may be found on our Licensing Fees page.
Any person who wishes to enter the hearing aid dispensing field as a Hearing Aid Specialist upon completion of the in-service education and training program established by the Board.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Obtain a Sponsor who is a Licensed Dispensing Audiologist or Hearing Aid Specialist. An Apprentice Sponsorship & Training Agreement signed by the applicant and the sponsor must be submitted with the application for licensure.
Term & Renewal
Expires 12 months from date of issuance. May be renewed for two (2) additional 12-month periods.
Continuing Education Required for Renewal
At least 15 hours in the last year based on the license expiration date and directly pertaining to the profession in which the individual is licensed. May count educational program activities. More information may be found on our Continuing Education page.
May be converted to Standard Hearing Aid Specialist license with additional fee upon completion of the Apprentice training program, award of NBC-HIS certification, and successful completion of Dispensing Written and Practical Exams.More information may be found on our Conversions & Reinstatements page.
- Original Transcript/Education Documentation: If holding an Associate’s degree or higher, please order an official transcript to be sent directly to the Board office – these may be accepted electronically. A copy of a high school diploma/equivalent may be submitted with your application.
- Apprentice Sponsorship & Training Agreement: Please be prepared to submit this document, signed by yourself and your sponsor, with your application.
- Military Affiliation: If applicable, please be prepared to submit a copy of your DD214 or Military identification with your application.