Practice Laws & Regulations
Learn more about the laws and regulations that govern our Board and dictate standards of conduct as a licensed provider.
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS)
Nevada Administrative Code (NAC)
ADOPTED REVISIONS TO NAC 637B
- Sec. 2. NEW: Clarifies existing NRS language regarding the exemption from licensure by defining “practice within scope of credential” issued by the Department of Education.
- Sec. 3. NEW: Establishes parameters from NRS for issuing citations to cease and desist and assessing administrative fines for violation of law for practicing without a valid license or endorsement, as well as a waiver of an administrative fine for “good cause”.
- Sec. 4. NEW: Grants the Board authority to consider requiring applicants take and pass a Jurisprudence Examination as a condition for initial license or reinstatement of an expired license.
- Sec. 5. NEW: Establishes a 30-day waiting period between attempts for the hearing aid dispensing practical examination.
- Sec. 6. REVISED: Allows an individual who wishes to reinstate and Apprentice license credit for up to two (2) years of in-service training completed during the initial license period.
- Sec. 7. REVISED: Clarifies existing regulation language to require that a sponsor and an apprentice shall have the same employer.
Sections of the NAC that may be of particular interest to licensees and the public:
- NRS 637B.290 Practice without license: Prohibition; penalties.
- NRS 637B.291 Practice or offering to practice without license: Reporting requirements of Board.
- NRS 637B.295 Inspection of premises by Board.
- NRS 637B.320 Penalty.
Optional Jurisprudence Exam
NEW - Test Your Knowledge of Nevada Practice Laws & Regulations! The Board is working to develop a Jurisprudence Exam that is proposed to be required for renewals and all new applicants in the future. To prepare, we have developed an OPTIONAL exam, and encourage all new applicants and renewing licensees to test their knowledge of our practice laws and regulations.
TAKE THE EXAM: https://www.nvspeechhearing.org/about/laws-regs/jpexam.asp