Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the costs for licensure in Nevada?
- Can I pay my license fees with a Credit Card?
- What are the continuing education requirements?
- What is the process to verify my license to another state?
- Is a mailing list of licensed speech-language pathologists, audiologists and hearing aid specialist available?
- How often is a license required to be renewed?
- What continuing education courses are accepted?
- Initial Application for License $ 250.00
- Annual License Renewal $ 100.00
- Late Renewal $175 (expired less than 30 days)
- Reinstatement of an Expired License $ 200.00
- Dispensing Practical Exam $ 200.00
Yes, you can pay fees through the Click to Pay tab at the top of the web page.
A minimum of 15 hours of continuing education is required annually for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists; 12 hours of CE is required for Hearing Aid Specialists
You may request written license verification and pay the Fee of $25.00 with a credit card through the Click to Pay tab. In the shipping information section of the payment page, enter the name and address of the organization to which the license verification is to be sent.
A mailing list may be purchased for a fee of $50.00. You may pay the fee with a credit card through the Click to Pay tab. The listing is sent in electronic format to the email address provided.
All licenses expire 12 months from initial date of licensure. Annual renewal is required. Renewal information is sent to the contact on record approximately 60 days prior to license expiration as a courtesy reminder.
It is the professional responsibility of the licensee to ensure their license is renewed in a timely manner.
Late renewal will be accepted up to 30 days from date of expiration. Reinstatement is required for licenses expired more than 30 days.
All courses that have been approved by ASHA and/or AAA and IHS will be acceptable.
Courses that are directly or indirectly related to your profession through an accredited provider of continuing education will be accepted.
The following CE activities are not acceptable: Reading journals or articles, foreign language courses, CPR, HIPPA classes, billing procedures courses and video or on-line courses that do not have a pass/fail test or grade.